20.2.13

Oldie but Goodie..Flashback


While thinking about what will be this month's entertainment FLASHBACK moment.. I drifted back to my ride to work this morning. I was of course drinking my morning coffee Mocha-Tonix when the radio station plays "Pleasure Principle" x Janet Jackson. Naturally, my body just starts moving and I am in a daze wondering where exactly I am getting these moves from.. and I realize one source Mya Marie Harrison.

About 12 years ago MTV showed a special called "IconZ Janet Jackson" in which Pink, Usher, and Mya came together and presented the best dance videos that Janet has ever done. Mya of course was selected for "Pleasure Principle". I can remember making sure I learned every single step to that dance routine before I went to bed that evening. I am so surprised that to this day my body just reacts to the music.



What surprises me even more is how much Pink has changed. Now known for being a Pop/Rockstar, she was placed in a category for being a great dancer. I wonder if one day we will see this Pink again? hmmmmmm...


Peep the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment